Followers

Kupu-kupu Cinta

Blog Archive

Sunday 4 December 2011

GRAMMAR (^^,)


Assalamualaikum w.b.t

Here is a sample table of tenses which I made it in very simple way. Hope it is a worth reference for us! Thank you.. (^^,)

TENSES


Simple present

Simple Past

Simple future


We use the present tense:

1. For repeated or regular actions in the present time period.

take the train to the office.

The train to Berlin leaves every hour.

John sleeps eight hours every night during the week.

2. For facts.

The President of The USA lives in The White House.

A dog has four legs.

We come from Switzerland.

3. For habits. (every)

get up early every day.

Carol brushes her teeth twice a day.

They travel to their country house every weekend.

4. For things that are always / generally true.

It rains a lot in winter.

The Queen of England lives in Buckingham Palace.

They speak English at work.

Simple past indicates the action in the past.

Examples

Yesterday, I took a book on your table.

was in Japan last year

She had a headache yesterday.

We did our homework last night.


Simple future indicates an action in the future.

Examples

I will take a book on your table.

I will open the door.

I am going to study English next year.


Present continuous



Past continuous


Future continuous


(is/are + present participle)

Present continuous describes:

1.An action that is taking place now (exactly at that moment)

I am taking my lunch now.

2. An action that is taking place now, but not at the exact moment of speech.

(now can mean: this second, today, this month, this year, this century, and so on)

I am studying to become a doctor.


Past continuous describes an action in the past when/while another action begins

(was/were + present participle)

Example

I was taking my lunch when you called yesterday.



Future continuous describes an action takes part before another action begins.

(will be/am + present participle)

Examples

I will be taking my dinner when you arrive tonight.

I am going to be taking my dinner when you arrive tonight.



Present perfect

Past perfect

Future perfect


Present perfect is used to express a past event that has present consequences without specific time expressions (ever, never, once, many times, several times, before, so far, already, yet, since, while)

(has/have + past participle)

Examples

I have eaten (so I'm not hungry). 

You have seen that movie many times.

I think I have met him once before.

People have traveled to the Moon.

You have grown since the last time I saw you

We have had many major problems while working on this project.



Past perfect describes an action occurred before another action in the past or before a specific time in the past.

(had + past participle)

Signal words : Before

Examples

I had never seen such a beautiful beach before I went to Kauai.

She had visited her Japanese relatives once in 1993 before she moved in with them in 1996.

Future perfect describes an event that is expected or planned to happen before another event in the future.

(will have+past participle)

Signal words : By the time, by


Examples

You will have perfected your English by the time you come back from the U.S.

By Monday, Susan is going to have had my book for a week.

Present perfect continuous


Past perfect continuous

Future perfect  continuous

Duration from the past until now.

(has/have + been + present participle)

Signal words : Since, for, lately, recently.

Examples

You have been waiting here for two hours.

James has been teaching at the university since June.

Recently, I have been feeling really tired.

She has been watching too much television lately.



A continuous temporary event which started happening in the past before another past event.

(had been + present participle)

Signal words : Before, when

Examples

I had been learning English for six years before I went to England.

She had been working at that company for three years when it went out of business.

An ongoing action completed after some time in the future

(will have been + present participle)

Signal words : before, when, by the time

Examples

You will have been waiting for more than two hours when her plane finally arrives.

James will have been teaching at the university for more than a year by the time he leaves for Asia.

2 comments:

  1. Pakcik : Hehe.. paham x table tu? arap2 paham la noh. welcomee~ sharing is caring..

    ReplyDelete